Join the Team
SHOFCO's New York office is a small, entrepreneurial team of driven, passionate individuals who love what we do. We bring heart, intellect and a great deal of energy to the pursuit of gender equity and urban promise each day.
Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reports to: CEO
FLSA: Exempt (Regular, Full-Time)
Location: New York, NY
Required Travel: International, 5-10% annually (1-2 weeks at a time, approximately 3x per year)
Start Date: June 1, 2017
This position will serve as the primary point of contact and assistant to the organization’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO). We are seeking a practical and strategic thinker who can connect all the dots between needs, relationships and opportunities and maximize all to benefit SHOFCO and the CEO in his role of maintaining the organizations highly respected reputation, as well as identify potential opportunities where others might not. This person will be extremely creative and highly motivated in removing barriers to successfully accomplishing all her/his job duties. She/he will be a key agent in protecting the CEO's brand and thought leadership contributions in furthering the goals of SHOFCO’s work, responsible for all of the CEOs scheduling, strategy, event coordination, logistics, relationship management, and strategic priorities.
The successful candidate will be extremely detailed oriented, organized and is highly proficient in administrative, logistical, strategic and record keeping. She/he will be a key supporter to the CEO in his communications, in nurturing existing relationships and in building new relationships, always strategizing about next steps and ongoing engagements with many stakeholders, including the board of directors, donors, media and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the CEO’s schedule, appointments and travel arrangements, ensure schedule aligns with strategic priorities
- Strategize and coordinate all speaking engagements and events
- Primary point of contact, internally and externally, for the CEO
- Provide administrative support as needed
Relationship Growth & Management
- Arrange and coordinate meetings including:
- Conduct pre-meeting research, track meeting deliverables and ensure deliverables are met
- Source new network opportunities both from within existing network and beyond
- Manage contacts, handle follow-up and relationship management and growth, including:
- Prepare and edit email correspondence, all communications, presentations and other documents. Manage ongoing email correspondence in accordance with development priorities, viewing the CEO’s email as a key development tool for the organization
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- Strategize on how to connect, maximize, and further build and create strategic priorities
- Maximize CEO’s contacts to yield development results for SHOFCO, in coordination with the development team. Strategize on how to thoughtfully expand the network, leveragerelationships, and grow relationships through targeted correspondence and creative outreach strategies
- Along with the organization’s CEO and Chief Operating Officer (COO), co-manage and lead development of the CEO’s brand and thought leadership contributions. This includes identifying strategic opportunities and drafting articles, opinions, and social media presence.
- Liaise with Senior Leadership Team (4) on project-based work along with Kenyan-based Special Assistant to the CEO.
- Committed to ensuring CEO meets and exceeds his strategic priorities
- 5+ years of relevant experience as an executive assistant, administrative assistant, relationship management, customer service management, or a similar role in a fast-paced, growing organization or company.
- Experience managing a visionary or public personality, able to professionally assert influence on the CEO (i.e. manage-up), ensuring deadlines are met and CEO stays on track to complete critical deliverables and/or administrative timelines.
- High level of patience, working well under pressure, quickly and creatively responding to unexpected change, challenges, or new priorities as they arise.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills, the ability to work and deliver projects, and achieve targets independently, proactively, and under pressure.
- Highly proficient in maximizing various forms of technology/mobile devices in staying organized and connected.
- Has a high level of trustworthiness, integrity, work ethic, and confidence in making decisions and possesses sound judgment.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High level of emotional intelligence, compassion and/or empathy.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or an equivalent level of experience.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume or CV, and a writing sample (no more than three pages) to Yvonne Moore, Principal Advisor, Moore Philanthropy at Yvonne@moorephilanthropy.com and
include SHOFCO: EA to CEO in the Subject Line.
Applications will be accepted through April 21, 2017 or until the ideal candidate is identified. Candidates of interest will be contacted immediately. Due to the anticipated volume of applicants, we
regret that we will not be able to respond individually to each application.
Salary commensurate with experience, and the organization offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan; MTA Transit Checks, etc.