Join the Team
SHOFCO's New York office is a small, entrepreneurial team of driven, passionate individuals who love what we do. We bring heart, intellect and a great deal of energy to the pursuit of gender equity and urban promise each day.
We are seeking a mover and shaker, to be a key member of the development team, directly reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and working closely with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) to help reach SHOFCO'S annual fundraising goals. The Development Associate (DA) is a practical and strategic thinker who can analyze and maximize the numerous opportunities occurring in this era of SHOFCO. Serving as the "Strategic Puzzler" for the CEO, the DA will help build and grow existing and new relationships by consistently strategizing the CEO's next steps and ongoing engagement with many stakeholders, including the board of directors, donors, media and staff.
The DA will provide top-notch administrative, logistical, strategic and record keeping support to the CEO. The DA will also work with the Marketing and Communications Officer to creatively forward the CEO's brand and thought leadership contributions, furthering the goals of SHOFCO's work. This position is an exciting collaboration of talent working with the communications, fundraising and branding departments to create ways of expanding the thoughtful model that SHOFCO has created.
Development, Relationship Growth and Management
Work with the development team to effectively position the CEO
- To execute and implementation of the annual development plan and strategy, including all cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- To thoughtfully and strategically expand the network and leverage relationships.
- To grow relationships through targeted correspondence and creative outreach strategies
Assist the CEO in developing, maintaining and growing relationships with current and prospective donors. - Implement research and donor tracking activities, including but not limited to
- Identification of potential individual donors and corporate/foundation partners for the CEO to develop relationships with;
- Develop lists of and conduct research on new prospective donors and prepare profiles for the CEO;
- track relationship development by utilizing Salesforce to record all of the CEO's donor communication and activities.
Coordinate and schedule meetings for the CEO, including
- Conduct pre-meeting research, track meeting deliverables and ensure all deliverables are met.
- Source new network opportunities both from within existing network and beyond.
Maximize CEO's contacts to yield development results for SHOFCO
- Manage contacts, handle follow-up and relationship management and growth.
- Manage ongoing email correspondence in accordance with development priorities, viewing the CEO's email as a key development tool for the organization.
- Prepare and edit all of the CEO's written communications, presentations and other documents.
- Monitor, respond to and distribute the CEO's incoming communications.
- Strategize with CEO and CAO on how to connect, maximize, and further build and create strategic priorities.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Officer to manage and further develop the CEO's brand and thought leadership contributions. This includes identifying strategic opportunities and drafting articles, opinions, and social media presence.
- Liaise with CAO, CPO and CFO on project-based work along with on-the-ground Kenyan Special Assistant to the CEO.
- Ensure that the CEO meets and exceeds his strategic priorities.
- Manage the CEO's schedule, appointments and travel arrangements, ensuring that his schedule aligns with strategic priorities
- Strategize and coordinate speaking engagements and events
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Undertake special projects at the request of the CEO
The Qualified Candidate
- Experience with strategic relationship building and connecting many dots for maximum impact
- Has a superb ability to anticipate unforeseen situations, think ahead, problem solve, and prepare for possibilities
- Has exemplary interpersonal skills and advanced emotional intelligence
- Has a high level of trustworthiness, integrity, work ethic, confidence in making decisions and possesses sound judgment
- Has a highly professional demeanor, who is able to capture the voice of the CEO, and draft correspondence material on his behalf
- Can assert influence in ensuring deadlines are met and CEO stays on track with critical deliverables and/or administrative timelines
- Has a high level of patience, who can quickly react to unexpected new priorities as they arise
- Refuses to shy away from tracking 8-10 meetings per day
- Has exceptionally strong organizational skills, the ability to work and deliver projects, and achieve targets independently, proactively, and under pressure
- Strong initiative and organizational ability to handle multiple projects
- Extreme attention to detail, deadlines, and results
- Bachelor's Degree
- Has 5+ years of relevant Executive/Administrative Assistant/Relationship Management experience in a fast-paced, growing environment or other relevant experience managing many competing demands and keeping all trains running on time
- Excellent written and critical thinking skills
- Experience with thought leadership contributions
- Adept use of technology, including Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce donor database, and online resources.
- The candidate will also demonstrate a clear commitment to SHOFCO's mission and vision.