SHOFCO combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition free schools for girls to holistic social services for all. The SHOFCO model elevates girls while connecting community transformation to women’s empowerment. Our ecosystem of services enables everyone to reach their full potential. Our holistic services change communities today: we improve health, provide economic opportunity, work to end gender-based violence, and create sanitation systems that offer dignity. Tomorrow, our girls will become next-generation leaders, disrupting the systems that hold poverty in place.
Development Intern Position Description:
SHOFCO is seeking a Development Intern to work with the fundraising team in New York. Interns will provide a wide range of database, research, administrative, and general support to SHOFCO’s Advancement team. This is a remote position, reporting to the Development Officer.
Opportunities and responsibilities include:
- Acquire practical experience in a small nonprofit by working closely with staff members on projects and assisting in daily operational duties
- New donor research and prospecting
- Gain familiarity with Salesforce
- Assist with the Sponsorship program
- Gain experience in and familiarity with fundraising, philanthropy, international development, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a global reach
. Hours, Start Date and Duration
- Flexible within business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm). The Internship Program takes place for approximately 10 weeks. A firm commitment of 10 to 15 hours per week is required. The internship will start at a mutually agreed upon date; start and end dates are flexible.
- Ideally would be located in New York City Metro Area. While the position is remote, we would prefer occasional in-person meetings with the Advancement team.
- Intern will need access to a computer with reliable internet.
- This is an unpaid internship. Interns may receive academic credit.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: “YOUR NAME – Development Intern.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org