SHOFCO combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition free schools for girls to holistic social services for all. The SHOFCO model elevates girls while connecting community transformation to women’s empowerment. Our ecosystem of services enables everyone to reach their full potential. Our holistic services change communities today: we improve health, provide economic opportunity, work to end gender-based violence and create sanitation systems that offer dignity. Tomorrow, our girls will become next-generation leaders, disrupting the systems that hold poverty in place.
To be responsible for ensuring the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are conducted in a manner that allows proper implementation of SHOFCO’s strategy and objectives.
Location – Mombasa
Reports – Human Resource Manager
Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00 PM
Position Objectives and Responsibilities
- Manage recruitment and selection for officer level downwards, including placing job advertisements, shortlisting, and conducting interviews.
- Overseeing and managing the Employee Assistance Program.
- Support in ensuring compliance and adherence to Organisation Health and Safety Regulations.
- Support the HR Manager in developing annual budgets for the HR function in conjunction with institutional managers, and ensuring adherence to set budget targets throughout the year.
- Payroll management; compile and review payroll inputs on a monthly basis
- Conduct member education to staff on Employee rights, Benefits, and Shofco Employee handbook.
- Administer the human resources policies and procedures that relate to SHOFCO’s personnel.
- Liaise with the line managers to manage and coordinate grievance management and disciplinary proceedings and recommend appropriate action to resolve disputes and ensure proper documentation is done.
- Overseeing the administration department and ensuring high standards of cleanliness are maintained within the organisation.
- Work hand in hand with line managers on performance management to ensure that high performance is achieved.
- Facilitate the on-boarding process of all new staff in coordination with the line managers
- Act as the link between the Organisation and the Insurance service providers and coordinate the benefits program. Reconcile and resolve benefits-related problems.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant.
- Assist in regularly reviewing and updating the HR policies and procedures.
- Support during the employee probationary period by issuing probationary guidance, making sure probationary documentations are provided.
- Employees exit management, ensuring proper exit processes are adhered to and proper documentation is done.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Behaviour, Management and Leadership or any other related field
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) is desirable
- Registration with Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) is a must
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least 5 years’ experience working with the Human Resources department
- Must be familiar with the Kenya Labour Laws
- Experience with an ERP system will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Making decisions
- Checking things
- Following procedures
- Articulating information
- Understanding people
- Directing people
- Upholding standards
- Team working
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to [email protected], quoting their current and expected salaries. All Applicants must provide at least three professional references. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Applications should reach us no later than 29th September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org